[OpenStack-I18n] stackalytics translation stats API is broken????

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Sun May 15 14:42:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 5/15/16 9:26 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:

> 2016年5月15日日曜日、Kato, Tomoyuki<kato.tomoyuki at jp.fujitsu.com
> <mailto:kato.tomoyuki at jp.fujitsu.com>>さんは書きました:
>
>     > >> Hmm... It seems a problem is limited to "stable-mitaka vs
>     stable/mitaka".
>     > >>
>     > >> It seems 'master' version of translation stats also has a
>     problem.
>     > >
>     > > okay, good information. thanks.
>     > >
>     > >> I translated more than 2000 words in 'master' version, but
>     > >> stackalytics says I translated only 251 words.
>     > >
>     > > To understand the situation more exactly,
>     > > which do you mean 2000 "Words" or "Messages" at Zanata?
>     >
>     > What is not clear?
>     > As I wrote above, I translated more than 2000 'words'.
>
>     IIRC, Zanata returns "Messages" (i.e. units, not "Words") counts
>     as stats
>     from API 'stats/user/%s/%s..%s' % (zanata_user_id,start_date,
>     end_date))'.
>

> To clarify the situation more, my statistics from Zanata is based on
> Zanata personal dashboard. That is all what I can know as an usual user.
>
> On the other hand, Stackalitcs uses "terms".
> In my understandng, "terms" means "words".

Stackalytics 'terms' means 'words' also in my understanding.

To find why Stackalytics generates wrong statistics,
one of easiest but so manual ways is to compare Zanata stat counts to
Stackalytics results..

I manually compared Stackalytics translation counts and JSON results on
that Zanata API only for master branch in my account,
but the two numbers are quite diffrerent.

I made sums with possible different metrics on the Zanata API results,
but I cannot make
the same number in Stackalytics... T.T

Any recommendations or approaches on finding the problem(s)?

Zanata API results have more counts, so IMO Zanata numbers are more
correct than Stackalytics calculates currently.

> Thanks,
> Akihiro
>

>     Carlos, Alex, is it correct?
>

>     > >> Is it better that I stop translation?
>     > >
>     > > If exact stats is important for you, you should stop translation.
>     > > Otherwise, translation process itself works fine.
>     > > Also, I'm not sure, but we will get proper stats
>     > > after stackalytics works fine.
>     >
>     > It is an irony :-)
>     >
>     > Once translation statistics is available publicly, the 'number'
>     should
>     > be correct.
>     > Do you plan to determine ATC status based on Stackalytics stats?
>     > If so, I think it is a problem.

I have a question, although it is not mainly related to wrong
Stackalytics stats.

I have found that API 'stats/user/%s/%s..%s'
and API 'stats/project/%s/version/%s/contributor/%s/%s..%s' generate
different results.

For example, from Apr 1 2016 to today, my count is 34320 with the first API,
but the send API generates 29490 for the same period.

I do know why the two APIs generate different numbers.
Can statistics numbers on user API and the sum of results from each
project API be different?