[Openstack-i18n] Looking for Translations for Nova Mitaka RC1

Augustina Ragwitz augustina.ragwitz at hpe.com
Mon Mar 21 21:41:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> Ragwitz,
>
> I hope your team can cut RC2 on March 28, leaving a whole week for
> translators to complete their work.
> Please help to talk to nova team.
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards
> Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)
>

> "Ragwitz, Augustina" <augustina.ragwitz at hpe.com> wrote on 03/18/2016
> 12:12:53 AM:
>
> > From: "Ragwitz, Augustina" <augustina.ragwitz at hpe.com>
> > To: Openstack-i18n Openstack-i18n <openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org>
> > Date: 03/18/2016 12:14 AM
> > Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] Looking for Translations for Nova Mitaka
> RC1
> >
> >     > According the agreement about StringFreeze[1], cutting RC1 means
> hard
> >     > freeze and translators can get extra 10 days to complete their
> >     > translations after hard freeze. So I don't think we can finish the
> job
> >     > next week. The translation work is planned to be finished at
> > the early of
> >     > the week after next.
> >     >
> >     > Can you figure out when is the last day to merge nova translations
> ?
> >
> > I will follow up with the Nova team to find out our projected
> > timeline for RC2. We have our team meeting today so I'll bring it up
> > then. I assumed it would be end of next week based on the date in
> > Launchpad for the OpenStack project [1], but this might not be accurate.
> >
> > [1] https://launchpad.net/openstack/+milestone/mitaka-rc2

The Nova team will need to cut RC2 this week because we have some critical
issues that need to be addressed before translations will be available. We
will include whatever translations are available at that time.

We will then cut RC3 the following week per your timeline to ensure all
translations are included in the final release.

If there is going to be any change to this, then I will follow up and let
you all know. We recognize the value of the translations your team provides
and will make sure they make it into the final release.

---
Augustina Ragwitz
Sr Systems Software Engineer, HPE Cloud
Hewlett Packard Enterprise