[Openstack-i18n] Will translation cleanup happen for Mitaka?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Mar 21 20:29:34 UTC 2016

On 03/21/2016 06:11 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw translation cleanup which removed PO files of less translated
> language before Liberty release.
> Will the same thing happen for Mitaka release?
> Is anyone from the i18n project aware of it?

I did the cleanup at mid-cycle and two weeks ago. There're very few
files with translations between 50 and 60 per cent and it's not worth to
do the cleanup for them. So, nothing will come from me on that one.

> I cannot find good information on this.
> The only information is [1] but it looks a proposal.
> I am not sure where it is discussed and who is the contact.

I took care of it but I'm happy to pass this job on to somebody else ;)

> I am writing another mail as Horizon liaison which asks how to update
> horizon language list
> before the release. If some cleanup happens for Mitaka, I hope the
> language list update happens
> at the same time or follow the same criteria.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure#Release_handling

Yeah, that could use some updating - especially on the project list...

Andreas