[Openstack-i18n] Criteria of Horizon language list for Mitaka release

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:27:21 UTC 2016

Hi i18n team,

As Horizon liaison, I would like to ask you all about the criteria of
Horizon language list for Mitaka release.

The same topic was discussed several releases ago and the consensus at
that time were:
* remove all translations with less than 90% progress
* update the language list accordingly.

Translations were imported manually at that time and the situation may
be changed now.
I don't have an opinion and will just follow the i18n project decision.
If no response or well-defined criteria, I will just keep the current
language list [1].

The following is just information:
We have four PO files (django/djangojs for horizon and openstack_dashboard).
The current translation import policy for each PO file is documented here [2].
Each PO file is imported once the translation percentage becomes over 75%
and it will be removed when the translation percentage becomes less than 20%.
What is our criteria?

In future releases, I think we should automate this as a part of
translation import jobs.
I will reduce the work of horizon liaison.

Akihiro

[1] https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/openstack_dashboard/settings.py#L198-L215
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure#Translation_percentage_changes