[Openstack-i18n] What's Up, Doc? 18 March 2016
openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Mar 18 05:09:24 UTC 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
It is with great pleasure that I announce that I will be the PTL again for Newton, which will be my third release for openstack-manuals. I'm overwhelmed by the positive messages I've received since announcing my candidacy, and very excited to be leading such a dedicated and innovative group into the fray again. This week I spent some time on the Contributor Guide, working with Brian to get the docs tools documented, which is something we've been wanting to do for some time. Very soon I'll be calling for your ideas on Summit sessions, and beginning to do Design Summit planning. The Install Guide is now in the last push to have everything tested before release, but we can still use your help getting it all done! If you can help, please contact Matt Kassawara, or any docs core.
== Progress towards Mitaka ==
19 days to go!
515 bugs closed so far for this release.
* Volunteers required!
* Release planning occurs in our etherpad here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MitakaRelease
* We're now freezing larger changes to the Install Guide, so cores will not be merging anything that changes the architecture of the guide, or significantly changes the technical content (except where that change is as a result of testing). This is to make the Install Guide testers work a little easier, by stopping the book from moving too much from under them.
* We will be publishing release notes for our own projects to
== Docs-tools ==
* Andreas and team have released a new version of the docs theme, which removes the versions information from the sidebar, and also removes the duplicated titles. This should make navigating the CI guides much easier, and reduce confusion over versions.
== The Road to Austin ==
* PTL elections are now open for those projects that have more than one candidate. You should have received an email for elections in which you are eligible to vote.
* I am pleased to announce that I am remaining as docs PTL for Newton (elected unopposed). I would also like to congratulate KATO Tomoyuki on becoming the new PTL for i18n, and to thank Daisy for her hard work in that group for many releases.
* I have requested workrooms and fishbowls for the Austin Design Summit. I'll let you know when we get our allocation. I will send out a note next week to start gathering your ideas for sessions.
== Speciality Teams ==
'''HA Guide - Bogdan Dobrelya'''
New for Mitaka release notes: Improved Pacemaker/Corosync cluster installation and configuration details http://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/controller-ha-pacemaker.html (kudos Andrew Beekhof). Pacemaker Cluster Manager http://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/intro-ha-arch-pacemaker.html and Keepalived http://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/intro-ha-arch-keepalived.html architecture details and limitations (kudos Andrew Beekhof). Detailed Mariadb/Galera cluster installation, configuration and management guide http://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/controller-ha-galera.html (kudos Kenneth Dyer). Improved RabbitMQ clustering guide http://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/controller-ha-rabbitmq.html - HAProxy antipattern explained, new A/A option with Pacemaker resource agents (kudos KATO Tomoyuki, Andrew Beekhof). Many more, so read everything carefully ;-)
'''User Guides - Joseph Robinson'''
Larger patch for editing submitted this week, and working within the user guide team to reorganize the command line content in the admin user guide by moving common files into the cloud admin guide.
'''API Docs - Anne Gentle'''
Swagger files now built to developer.openstack.org. Project teams have templates for writing API guides within their project repository .
== Doc team meeting ==
No meeting was held this week.
APAC: Wednesday 23 March, 00:30 UTC
US: Wednesday 30 March, 19:00 UTC
Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting
Keep on doc'ing!
Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Openstack-i18n