[Openstack-i18n] Closing Liberty translations?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Feb 24 18:38:55 UTC 2016

On 02/24/2016 06:18 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> I am okay with closing Liberty translation.
> For openstack-manuals translations, as katomo mentions, it makes sense
> to keep it open for a while.
>
> However, I am not sure what is the main motivation to close Liberty
> translations now
> and we do not keep them open until corresponding stable branches are removed.
> I cannot remember the exact reason. I am not sure how much manual
> maintenance are required now
> and if we manage Zanata versions it is a good reason to close Liberty
> translations now.

For me it's a question of focus. IMO we're soon concentrating on mitaka,
so let's not distract ourselves with additional work - or confuse
translators with many options.

Also, once mitaka is out, the branches get frozen further, the stable
team did not sign up for importing translations for ever.

Btw. we already have few translations coming in - but still have jobs
that run every day on liberty and after each change.

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)