[OpenStack-I18n] formatted source text

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:42:21 UTC 2016

Several projects recently enhanced the help text for configuration
options.  In Glance, this has resulted in strings like [0] (and there
are lots of other examples in that file).

For those strings, the exact formatting isn't essential, but the
paragraphing and bulleted lists are important.

My question is whether having this text in a single block of
triple-quotes (as it is now) is useful to translators (so you can see
the entire context), or whether there's a way you'd prefer it to be
broken up so that it works better with Zanata.

When we added all these blocks of text in Newton, we were focused on
making things easier for operators, and didn't realize that it would
cause problems for translators ... sorry about that!

thanks,
brian

[0]
https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/6b72fc3ef242f8572a581a09d082fd29f5656dd0/glance/common/config.py#L254-L286