[OpenStack-I18n] pot files in git trees?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:09:16 UTC 2016

As a translator, I usually use POT files to locate where a particular
source string is defined in a source code.
At the moment, Zanata provides no way that translators can identify a
location in a source code of a particular string,
so POT files are really useful for translators without development environments.
I wrote translator tips to use POT files at [1] .

In addition, even if a translator has an environment to generate POT files,
most git repo does not provide a convenient way to extract strings.
The infra script has it own functions of message extraction and there
is no convenient way to do the same thing.

If this issue is over, I don't think we need to have POT files in our tree.

All of my comment above are from the point of view of translators.

Akihiro

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/i18n/translation_tips.html