[Openstack-i18n] translating python clients

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Sep 25 03:59:16 UTC 2015

Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM wrote on 2015/09/25 10:17:52:

> From: Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM
> To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com>
> Cc: Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>, openstack-
> i18n at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 2015/09/25 10:17
> Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] translating python clients
>
> Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote on 2015/09/23 15:06:56:
>
> > From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com>
> > To: Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>, Ying Chun Guo/
> China/IBM at IBMCN
> > Cc: openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org
> > Date: 2015/09/23 15:07
> > Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] translating python clients

Horizon
Keystone v3

> > > This is my thinking as well.  If the infrastructure is not in place,
> > > people are definitely not going to translate it.  I understand that
> > > people might not translate it anyway, but I don't see the harm in
having
> > > it available for translation if someone wants that.  And as pointed
out
> > > somewhere else on this topic, python-openstackclient and Horizon both
> > > use python-novaclient, so unless those are completely handling all
> > > errors that come out of novaclient, we should probably have
novaclient
> > > available for translations - at least of errors.

> > So, policy sounds like:
> >
> > A project that wants translations - and is part of the big tent - can
> > set it up. The i18n PTL suggests a priority and ask for translation of
> > specific projects but translators are not limited on what to translate.
> >
> > Correct?
> >

> Yes.
>
> > So, do you want to enable python-keystoneclient, python-novaclient, and

> > python-neutronclient? Or only the later two since keystoneclient is
> > deprecated and even throws warnings when used:
> >
> > Pending deprecation: Command-line interface to the OpenStack Identity
API.
> > This CLI is pending deprecation in favor of python-openstackclient. For
> > Python library, continue using python-keystoneclient.
> >

> keystoneclient is only used for Python binding and the CLI in is
deprecated.
> So if there is no objections from keystone dev team, we could remove
> keystoneclient.
> Please enable openstack-novaclient because we get the request that
> it needs translation.
> I don't see neutronclient is deprecating. So please enable it too.
> Thank you.

Just got inputs from keystone dev team.
They said
"openstackclient still receives strings from keystoneclient,
(it uses keystoneclient to perform the requests)
also, keystoneclient can be used by customer applications
so they might want translated strings."
So let's include python-keystoneclient in the translation projects.

> > Andreas
> > --
> >   Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica:
jaegerandi
> >    SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
> >     GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
> >         HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
> >      GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272
A126