[Openstack-i18n] Russian translations with 4 pluralities?

Carlos Munoz camunoz at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 21:59:32 UTC 2015

>From Douglas' email it looks like the files had 4 plurarities when being
extracted from Transifex. Douglas link indicates that in the Zanata dev
instance, the files were uploaded with 3 plurarities. Something in between
the upload to dev and the migration to production caused it to upload with
4.

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015, Ilya Alekseyev <ilyaalekseyev at acm.org>
wrote:

> Looks like we have this issue only in current release and after migration
> to Zanata.
> In previous releases we have 3 pluralities in Russian.
>
> For example:
> kilo:
> https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/stable/kilo/openstack_dashboard/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
>
> or juno:
> https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/stable/juno/openstack_dashboard/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
>
> Kind regards,
> Ilya Alekseyev.

> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','drfish at us.ibm.com');>>:
>
>> The good news: the 4 plurality RU translation migrated easily to Zanata
>> The bad news: I think they are breaking Horizon:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1494819
>>
>> I've never seen RU translated with 4 pluralities. I suspect it's a
>> mistake that we should correct. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> It's possible that I've seen RU translated with only 2 pluralities and
>> this made Horizon work badly on the same screens - so I have a strong
>> suspicion https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1494819 is caused the
>> by the strange plurality choice.
>>
>> Doug

Carlos A. Muñoz