[Openstack-i18n] Zanata, message to the team

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Sep 18 12:08:27 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-18 09:35:13 +0200 (+0200), Robert Simai wrote:
[...]
> I read this as "go for an own fully featured mailing list per
> language team if desired". I find that much over engineered and it
> still means extra efforts to maintain the memberships.

Conversely, implementing mailing list software from scratch is
nontrivial, and so any embedded discussion mechanism within Zanata
will get the pleasure of reinventing bugs solved ages ago in more
mature listservs. Perhaps a compromise feature would be some sort of
mailing list integration, so that the memberships can be maintained
automatically and tied to the teams Zanata knows about but still
leverage an existing full-featured free software listserv
implementation on the back end.
--
Jeremy Stanley