[Openstack-i18n] translating python clients

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Sep 18 08:51:32 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 10:35 AM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Forgive me if I ask funny question.

There are no funny questions, please ask!

> I see there is python-openstackclient in Zanata server.
> What is it for ?

python-openstackclient is the "unnifed OpenStack client" that will
replace the per-project clients like python-keystoneclient (command
keystone).

See http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-openstackclient/

> What is the relationship between python-openstackclient and other python
> clients ( e.g python-keystoneclient,
> python-heatclient, and python-novaclient) ?

The goal of python-openstackclient is to replace these. keystoneclient
is already deprecated in favor of openstackclient.

So, priority wise: openstackclient has higher priority than the others.
The question for me is whether we want to translate these already
deprecated or in the future deprecated clients at all.

Btw. I also think that the python-openstackclient has a higher priority
than nova - but lower than horizon. Both horizon and the client address
the end user while nova addresses the adminstrator,

Andreas