[Openstack-i18n] IBM translations to contribute: update
drfish at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 16 12:05:52 UTC 2015
Here's the revised approach we are taking to contributing our IBM
translations to the community, based on feedback on suggestions:
We are planning to make the proposed translations available for a
pre-review as a separate branch in Zanata, but they are not there yet.
While testing out this upload on the development server we discovered that
uploading PO files caused the server to become unresponsive for a while.
Thanks to pleia2 and the infra team for sorting that out and addressing the
issue. We'll try the upload on dev again tomorrow and if it goes well we
will make the translations available for pre-review in a separate Zanata
I had originally proposed ending the pre-review on Monday. Obviously that's
not going to happen! I understand that different language teams have
differing levels of readiness to accept these contributions. I understand
some groups are ready at this time, while others would like to have more
time, possibly even into Mitaka to review. We aren't going to upload PO
files for any language were the team does not want them.
Language coordinators, please let me know how you'd like to proceed with
these contributions for your language. Do you want
1) us to upload them to Zanata's current master translations for normal
review and editing as soon as we can,
2) us to upload them to Zanata as a separate branch for further pre-review,
3) hold off any submission or preview at this time.
Please note that it important to us that we upload these translations. The
translations are a valued IBM asset, it's important to us that they are
recognized as contributed by IBM.
I'll be at the Thursday i18n team meeting, and am available by IRC
(doug-fish) or email if you have questions or further concerns.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack-i18n