[Openstack-i18n] Migration to Zanata will start at 00:00UTC September 9th

Robert Simai robert.simai at suse.com
Thu Sep 10 16:28:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu Sep 10 2015 02:39:44 GMT+0200 (CEST) lyz at princessleia.com wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph
> <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
>> nova (still investigating)
>> openstack-manuals (fix is in the works)
>> operations-guide (fix is in the works)
>
> These final projects have now been fully imported! While working on
> these, we also found a few more log files for other projects that
> weren't being imported, so we ran the script over those to make sure
> everything we needed was being pulled in.
>
> Daisy did a review of all projects yesterday and we've been doing
> spot-checking of translations throughout the process with the help of
> some folks from the Zanata team who have been doing some string and
> .po file comparisons between projects. However, if you do find a
> problem, please let us know.

Either I miss the wood for the trees or something is wrong with the
import for the Horizon project. Only Japanese shows with a reasonable
percentage, all other languages are (close to) zero. Do I miss something?

> Also note that the percentages are different between Zanata and
> Transifex because of how they determine how much is done (words vs.
> messages translated).
>
> The final step will be turning off Transifex proposals to Gerrit and
> enabling Zanata. We're going to start with a trial project and go from
> there. This will not impact your work on translations, just the timing
> of when the near-completed translations are proposed to Gerrit. You
> can continue your translations work in Zanata now.

Related, is there any plan to remove or freeze (if that's possible) the
OpenStack projects in Transifex at some point? I continue to get "join
the team" requests there ...

> Happy translating!

Thanks :-)

--