[Openstack-i18n] String Freeze Guidelines Update

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Wed Sep 9 09:38:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Daisy and I have been chatting about the String Freeze guidelines.

After our conversations, and some discussion in the cross project
meeting, I have updated them here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StringFreeze

It seems the general string freeze got accidentally got made super strict.

Hopefully this slight relaxing of the rules will work better for
everyone, particularly for our users.

Certainly right now we are only merging bug fixes, but they often
include the need for extra log messages, or similar. Right now we are
hiding logs as debug messages, etc, to try and get them merged during
the freeze. The above changes should stop all that pain, and help our
users too.

Does this sound sensible?

Thanks,
John