[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-Infra] Final plans before translations switch to Zanata

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Mon Sep 7 17:05:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
> On 08/28/2015 09:28 AM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
>>
>> I copied the language list exactly from Transifex, including language
>> teams which have made any progress in translations.
>> I don't suggest to make renaming.
>> Because the names of the language teams will be the folder names in repo
>> after uploading translations to Git repo.
>> If we make renaming here, there will be a new folder added, other than
>> overwriting the existing one.
>> There will be two folders for these renaming languages, for example,
>> folder "bg" and folder "bg-BG".
>

> You're right with the renaming problems in the projects. What about at least
> defining guidelines for the future?

Just to confirm, because of the considerations mentioned above, we're
keeping the language list as-is from what Steve and Daisy agreed upon
and I posted here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-August/001293.html

Which I believe is the list that Daisy exported from Transifex.

We'll need this when we start doing the migration into production at
00:00 on September 9th to make sure we have all the correct languages,
and only the correct languages, as the UI does not currently allow for
deletions.

Thanks.