[Openstack-i18n] What's Up, Doc? 9 Oct 2015

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Oct 9 06:16:44 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

We're hurtling head first to Liberty, with only about a week left to go. I've been working on Summit preparations, and making sure we're ready to go when the time hits. This week, I'm working on Release Notes, keeping an eye on the final Install Guide testing, and some other housekeeping tasks.

This is my last docs newsletter before the Liberty release, although I'll endeavour to get a special Summit edition out as well. We will pick up regular meetings (and other tasks, like core team reviews) after the Summit.

== Progress towards Liberty ==

5 days to go!

601 bugs closed so far for this release.

The main things that still need to be done before release:
- - Testing, testing, testing: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/LibertyDocTesting
- - Reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals,n,z and https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/api-site,n,z
- - Bug triage: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New

== Release Notes ==

Can all PTLs and Cross-Project Liaisons please check the Release Notes page, and ensure they've included all the new features for their project here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Liberty

The best way to do this (I'm told) is to go through the blueprints created for Liberty. I will be editing these during the next few days, so please ensure you're up to date ASAP. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or problems.

== Mitaka Summit Prep ==

Thank you to everyone who provided suggestions for Design Summit sessions. I've now mangled them into a draft schedule, which is available on Sched: http://mitakadesignsummit.sched.org/type/Documentation

== Doc team meeting ==

The US meeting was held this week. The minutes are here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2015-10-07

The next meetings will be the final meetings before the Liberty release:
APAC: Wednesday 14 October, 00:30:00 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

- --

東京でお会いしましょう

Lana