[Openstack-i18n] Code block in RST and translation

KATO Tomoyuki tomo at dream.daynight.jp
Wed Nov 25 22:31:45 UTC 2015

> >> Maybe we could add a gate check that looks for “::” in the end of the strings (original and translated)? It would enable developers to use whatever they are used to.
> >
> > Nice idea! Sounds good to me, as a non-vote job.
> >
> > Regards,
> > KATO Tomoyuki
>
> But who will monitor this and correct it?
>
> We already see warnings in translated code that everybody ignores, let's
> find a good way to monitor and fix these problems first before we add
> more tests...

When I heard the idea, I thinked it's a job, like "checkniceness-2",
that simply checks syntax of the code, not a job builds translated documents.
So, the patch submitter and reviewers can easily check the result.

For example, when FAIL(non-voting),

 Line xx: found the usge of :: directive,
 This style is harded for translators to traslate than code-block.
 We recommend use code-block directive instead of :: directive....

KATO