[Openstack-i18n] Terminologies

Robert Simai robert.simai at suse.com
Fri Jun 19 15:30:54 UTC 2015

On Friday 19 June 2015, 13:40:28 Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote
(shortened):

> Thank you all for the comments.
> In the IRC meeting yesterday, we discussed about terminologies and the
> feedback.
> Here are the summaries.

LGTM, just two remarks:

> 1. Using singular or plural ?
> Agreement: singular only

I don't know how the Transifex/Zanata/whatsoever setup is progressing and
what's feasible but I wonder if the translators can finally have some
highlighting of the available terminologies in the to be translated strings. I
believe that would really help to avoid looking up these manually and
consequently to improve consistency and quality, in particular if somebody new
starts. It however requires singular _and_ plural. I recommend to rethink this
and the overhead seem low.

> 4. Do we want string freeze management for terminologies?
> Agreement: No, there is no string freeze for terminologies.

In case you've discussed this because of my comment, apparently I was talking
about freezing the term translations to make sure we keep consistency and I
understand it should be with the local teams.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
   Robert