[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-docs] Specialty teams connecting to translation team

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Jun 19 01:23:17 UTC 2015

They are all great ideas! Please feel free to nominate a translation
liaison, and add their name to
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Documentation

I'll work with the speciality team leads to implement the second one.

With the third one, can we use
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18nTeam/docs-translation#Document_categorize
to keep you informed of doc status?

On 18/06/15 01:45, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> [...]
>
>> From: Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> To: Lana Brindley
>> <openstack at lanabrindley.com> Cc: Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN,
>> "openstack- i18n at lists.openstack.org"
>> <openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org>,
>> "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org"
>> <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org> Date: 2015/06/16 05:18
>> Subject: Re: [OpenStack-docs] [Openstack-i18n] Specialty teams
>> connecting to translation team
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Very late reply :-(
>
>> Is there any reference wiki page or something to track the
>> current status in the side of Documentation team?
>>
>> I am just afraid that having this kind of page in I18N team side
>> tends to
> lead
>> the lack of interest from the docs team. I am just raising a
>> negative
> question
>> to explore how we can sync the status with a minimum effort.
>>
>> Thanks, Akihiro

>> <openstack at lanabrindley.com>: This is a great idea!
>>
>> Daisy: I would also like to sync up with you again (while you’re
>> still in Vancouver, if possible), to discuss our plan for
>> migrating the next documents to RST.

>> On 21 May 2015, at 10:42 am, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, Anne.
>>
>> We use a wiki page to track the status of documentation:
>>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18nTeam/docs-translation#Document_categorize
>

>> I hope specialty team leads could keep an eye on this table. If
>> there is any changes of your documents, like, changing from
>> stable to unstable, changing from unstable to stable, let the
>> translation team know by sending an email to openstack-i18n
>> mailing list. So that we could make a translation plan for your
>> documents.
>>
>> Thanks. Best regards Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)
>>

>> Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote on 2015/05/22
>> 01:35:14:
>>
>>> From: Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> To:
>>> "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-
>>> docs at lists.openstack.org>,
>>> "openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org"
>>> <openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org> Date: 2015/05/22 01:35
>>> Subject: [Openstack-i18n] Specialty teams connecting to
>>> translation
> team
>>>
>>> Hi all, I'm sitting here in Vancouver next to Daisy (Ying Chun
>>> Guo) who leads the i18N efforts for OpenStack. She would like
>>> each specialty team lead to connect with the i18N team to
>>> communicate the amount of change expected so that they can
>>> evaluate the timing of translation, and how much is done that
>>> can be translated.
>>>
>>> We also had a session with the i18N team and want to work on
>>> more communication with each team, and I think the specialty
>>> team leads are a great way to start that effort.
>>>
>>> Thoughts or ideas? Let us know. Thanks, Anne

Lana Brindley