[Openstack-i18n] Criteria of core members and active members

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:10:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

Generally spaking, it is a good start line.
Some comments inline.

> Hello,
>
> In today's IRC meeting, we discussed about the criteria of core members
> and active members.
> Here are some outputs.
> If you don't joined the discussion, please comment here.
>
> --------
> I18n Core Contributors
>
> The coordinator of active language teams, who coordinates Dashboard
> translation
> or two documents translations during the previous two release cycles
> and attend team meetings at least once a month, will be granted as "I18n
> Core Contributors"

In addition to the above, we need to take into account folks who works
for I18N infrastructure and so on. They don't lead translation teams and
may not join I18N team meetings. I think it is good that the PTL decide
they are core (or active) contributors  for this kind of special cases.

> I18n Active Contributors
>
> Translators or reviewers, who translate or review more than 200 words
> during the previous two release cycles, will be granted as "I18n Active
> Contributors"

Several points.

I am not sure we can consider the number of reviews and translations
equally.
generally speaking, reviewing is a bit easier than translating.
one idea is 200 translation or 400 translation.

I am not sure the number of words is appropriate, but I think it is a good
start.
When thinking about ATC of openstack projects, a contributor with a single
patch submit
is regarded as ATC, so 200 words sounds good as a start point.
Another point we need to take into account is how many folks will be
qualified as Active Contributors.
Anyway, we need to continue to asses this number.

Regarding the definition of "Active", it is better to follow the general
ATC definition.
For Vancouver summit, contributors who submitted patches in the recent one
cycle
were recognized as ATC. I don't see any reason we have different criteria
to qualify
"Active" contributors.

Akihiro