[Openstack-i18n] Renaming IRC channel?

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Fri Jul 31 22:12:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph
<lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Elizabeth K. Joseph
> <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
>>> If you could set up the redirect, it will be great !
>>> Please help if you could.
>>
>> I've just asked the people in #openstack-translation to make the move
>> over to #i18n now.
>
> By which I mean #openstack-i18n of course.
>
>> I'll put in the actual redirect this Friday evening UTC to give people
>> some time to move over themselves.

The move has been completed and the channel is logged:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-i18n/

The redirect has also been set up, so when people try to join
#openstack-translation they will be automatically redirected to
#openstack-i18n. You'll still want to update your IRC client to point
to the new channel to avoid the redirection. If you try to join both
you will get a notice saying you're banned from
#openstack-translation, so don't do that :)

People have been joining the new channel automatically all day so it
seems to be working fine, but let me know if you have any problems.