[Openstack-i18n] Glance needs some fields in JSON files translated.

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Aug 3 08:53:27 UTC 2015

On 07/31/2015 02:32 AM, Okuma, Wayne wrote:
> Hi i18n team,
>
> My name is Wayne Okuma.
>
> I work with the Glance team and am focused on Glance's Metadata
> Definition (metadef) Library support.
> We currently have ~20 metadef JSON files which are loaded into the
> Glance database.
> We would like to have some of the fields in the JSON files localized.
> I'm not clear what the process is for getting the glance.po file
> uploaded to Transifex.

We upload the resource automatically after each commit, see
https://wiki.openstack.org/Translations/Infrastructure

> I have a pybabel extractor that can generate a "glance-json.pot" with
> just the fields I'm interested in localizing and am wondering what the
> steps would be for me to get it uploaded to Transifex.

Please merge it into glance.po - that will make life much easier for our
infrastructure. Otherwise we would need to special case glance in the
scripts,

> Also, although I can manually run the extraction routine, is there a way
> this can be done automatically?
>
> Thanks for any information you can provide.
> Wayne Okuma

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)