[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-docs] Status of the RST Documentation Toolchain

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Apr 10 04:38:21 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 02:16 PM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> [...]
> I investigated the translation process of RST document, asked by Anne
> and Andreas.
> While I made test, I used playground-user-guide, which was a quite new
> document.
> I didn't pay attention to the pot content changes between the old
> version and the new version.
> I'm quite sorry for that.
> I don't want to block anything.
> In my mind, the toolchain could be improved continuously,
> both before publication and after publication.

With the analysis done by Daisy [1] (thanks!) and my scripted updates to
convert automatically what was possible [2] thus raising the number of
translated strings for Japanese on the User Guides from 32 % to 37 %,
and my patch for building the Japanese tools we have IMHO done
everything we can do.

Or has anybody suggestions for additional things to do now?

If not, I think we're good to publish the new RST User Guides.

So, I propose these next steps:
* Get explicit ok by Daisy that we can continue based on her findings
* Review and merge patch [3]
* Anne decides when to publish User Guides

Andreas

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-April/001030.html
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-April/001034.html
[3] https://review.openstack.org/162424
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)