[Openstack-i18n] User Guides Changes

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Apr 9 15:52:08 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 04:21 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/09/2015 03:43 PM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
>> I did an assessment of the string changes affected by this action,
>> in order to evaluate the extra workload for translators to translate the
>> new versions,
>> assuming the old version of DocBook pot files are 100% completed
>> translation.
>>
>> I download the English source files of these following resources from
>> Transifex:
>> openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guides ( RST format )
>> openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guide ( DocBook format )
>> openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guide-admin ( DocBook format )
>>
>> openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guides is the new RST document, which is a
>> combination of openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guide
>> and openstack-manuals-i18n.user-guide-admin, including new contents and
>> changes.
>>
>> I found three types of changes:
>> 1. all strings including XML markups are changed, XML markups being
>> removed, replacing with RST format characters.
>> e.g.
>> "To perform a hard reboot, pass the <parameter>--hard</parameter>
>> parameter, "
>> "as follows:"
>> is changed to:
>> "To perform a hard reboot, pass the ``--hard`` parameter, as follows::"
>>
>> 2. some strings are added ** and ** as prefix and suffix.
>> e.g.
>> "Removal or addition of segment objects"
>> is changed to
>> "**Removal or addition of segment objects**"
>
> I found an error in my quick testing from our IRC session and now
> autotranslated 20 strings more for Japanese with:
> msgcat --no-wrap -o ja-test.po ja.po
> sed -r -e 's/msgid "(.+)"/msgid "**\1**"/' ja-test.po > ja-test1.po
> sed -r -e 's/msgstr "(.+)"/msgstr "**\1**"/' ja-test1.po > ja-test2.po
>

>> 3. all strings ending with ":" are changed, ending with "::" instead.
>> e.g.
>> "To perform an instance reboot into rescue mode, run the following
>> command:"
>> is changed to
>> "To perform an instance reboot into rescue mode, run the following
>> command::"
>
> Here we can do a similar conversation, let me write a script to do this
> for everything...

So, applied my conversion to the End user guide and from 934 translated
strings we're now up to 1015.

Current version is at:
https://review.openstack.org/172128

I'll enhance a bit more,

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)