[Openstack-i18n] Translation of log messages

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri May 30 19:18:14 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 04:02 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>> On 05/30/2014 05:06 AM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
>>> Hello, Andreas
>>>
>>> I think the new patch is based on the new Oslo library.
>>
>>> So the new jobs would only be enabled after projects adopt new Oslo lib
>>> and developers make changes to their source codes.
>>
>> The scripts are written in such a way that they work with projects that
>> use this fully, partially (most do not have critical log messages) or
>> none (like trove and cinder).
>
> And the translation marker functions needed are in the incubated log
> code, so if a project has synced a recent version of the log module
> they can take advantage of those functions, too.
>

>>> It will take a long time.
>>
>> I've seen already the first (sometimes broken) patches for this.
>>
>>> But we could select a project to do the first PoC.
>>> Which project could be the best choice for the first Poc?
>>
>> The jobs are approved and resources are created. Sahara and neutron look
>> like quite good translated already so those come to mind,
>
> I am going to go ahead and document the changes and announce on the
> -dev mailing list that we're ready for projects to start updating, but
> I do like the idea of picking one small project for the translation
> team to focus on at first, to make sure everything is working properly
> and there aren't any issues with the CI jobs.

Yeah, jobs failed this morning - I uploaded dummy projects to get them
working again and expect that it works tomorrow - and my goal is to have
the jobs running everywhere asap.

For testing, choose one of sahara or neutron - and keep in mind that
there are no critical log messages translated in either of them,

Andreas