[Openstack-i18n] Translation of log messages

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun May 25 17:39:17 UTC 2014

Hi translators, Clark and Doug,

to translate log messages, Doug has been working on having these in
separate domains. That way translators can decide what to translate:
User visible strings, info log messages, warning log messages, error log
messages, or critical log messages.
The base work is done in oslo and now we need to setup the tools to
extra these for separate domains.

Based on input from Doug and Clark and the existing blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/log-messages-translation-domain-rollout
I created a first patch for our jobs that upload to and import from
transifex. I would like review comments on it:
https://review.openstack.org/95377/

Before this goes in, we need to add the new domains to transifex, I plan
to setup everything for this properly - so this is also a heads-up for
coming changes.

Translators, once this is in, you will see additional domains - I
suggest to ignore those for now and concentrate on the normal ones. As
an example, for nova, you will see besides the current
nova-translations resource additionally: nova-log-error-translations,
nova-log-warning-translations, nova-log-critical-translations,
nova-log-info-translations.

Note that I will rework this patch if my patch for creating common
functions for all translation jobs gets positive review and would
appreciate your review of that one as well:
https://review.openstack.org/95345

Clark, this is a followup to an IRC discussion you had with Doug on 19
Dec, 2013.

Translation team, I'll inform you once everything is setup,

Andreas