[Openstack-i18n] [Openstack-docs] Translation gate for doc jobs

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri May 16 12:02:01 UTC 2014

On 15/05/14 16:49, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Inspired by some discussions here at the summit, I'd like to setup some
> translation gate for jobs.
>
> Patch https://review.openstack.org/93526 (merged) sets up a test that
> can be invoked with "tox -e checklang" which builds all "supported" manuals.
>
> I propose the following:
>
> * Setup checking/gating jobs that runs this test and mark it as non-voting.
> * Create policy on how to handle failures.
>
> Proposed policy:
> * We only gate on manual/language combinations that are translated
> sufficiently. Right now that's for openstack-manuals Japanese with the
> Security Guide, HA Guide and Install Guides only.
> * If an import from transifex fails, creates a failure, we do not
> approve the import.
> * If any other patch fails, the failure might get ignored.
> * In any case of failure, let's send an email to the openstack-i18n
> mailing list asking them to investigate and fix.
>
> What do you think?

Good, but I'd prefer the creation of a bug in openstack-i18n on
launchpad, instead of a mailing list post. This way people who are
interested in fixing such things can get notified by email (through bug
tracker subscriptions), and the mailing list is kept clear for people
who just want to translate things and participate in the community in
other ways :)