[Openstack-i18n] Complete translations are big

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Fri May 9 14:58:58 UTC 2014

Douglas Fish <drfish at us.ibm.com> writes:

> This doesn't entirely satisfy me because git clone
> https://review.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-manuals is taking
> several minutes for me this morning (full disclosure: I am having some
> network flakiness today).  I'd hate for Horizon to take anywhere near
> that long to clone.

This seems like a strange comparison to make.  I would be very hesitant
to jump to the conclusion that translated strings were responsible for
the bulk of the transfer time on a repository that has historically had
massive binary files (including fonts and entire rendered PDFs) checked
into it.

-Jim