[Openstack-i18n] Let's translate horizon for Icehouse!

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Mon Mar 10 02:10:37 UTC 2014

Thank you, Akihiro!

I would like to summarize the translation status of Horizon now,
and a possible goal for Icehouse.

In Havana, we have 12 languages translation packages shipped together with
Horizon.
Around 350 new strings are added from Havana to Icehouse.
So the workload to translate these 12 languages are not big.
I hope the translation of these 12 languages can catch the first importing
date - March 24.
These 12 languages are:
English (Australia)
Korean (Korea)
Chinese (China)
French
Japanese
Portuguese (Brazil)
Russian
Polish (Poland)
Spanish
Chinese (Taiwan)
Dutch (Netherlands)
English (United Kingdom)

We also need to pay attention to some languages, which have good basis too,
but not shipped in Havana.
These languages are:
Czech
German
Finnish (Finland)
Slovenian (Slovenia)
Hungarian
Catalan

I hope somebody can take responsible for one of the above languages'
translations.
Of course, I welcome other new languages to join Icehouse release too,
such as Chinese (Hong Kong), Vietnamese (Viet Nam), Hindi, and so on.
If you want to take this responsibility, don't hesitate to stand out.

The volunteers of new languages don't need to worry much about the time
line.
The importing of these languages can catch the second importing date.
I don't know the exact date. But I guess, it would be 4 weeks after at
least.
And you can find help from friends too.

If I fail to find volunteers in I18n ML in 2 days, I will broadcast to
openstack-community ML.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)