[Openstack-i18n] Another ending punctuation question

Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis yves-gwenael.bourhis at cloudwatt.com
Fri Jun 27 15:58:47 UTC 2014

Le 26/06/2014 21:47, Douglas Fish a écrit :

> We have a couple of Horizon code reviews that are representing the same
> translatable string is 2 different ways.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102897/
> and
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88246/  in the
> horizon/templates/horizon/common/_resource_browser.html part
>
> It would be great to get i18n feedback on which way is easier to translate
> that segment.

In my opinion, the punctuation needs to be "inside" the translatable
string, because they differ depending on the language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Some languages have completely different characters for the punctuation:
http://www.wintranslation.com/articles/foreign-language-typesetting/dtp-punctuation/

So "All that is part of the message/sentence" sent to the user needs to
be translatable.

So thanks Douglas for this question, It looks like I have to add this there:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/i18n_translatable_strings
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18n/TranslatableStrings
Do you agree with that?

--