[Openstack-i18n] Including the final : with strings

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Wed Apr 30 08:53:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:25 AM, Douglas Fish <drfish at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> There is a bug and associated code review open for Horizon regarding how to
> handle the trailing ":" on some messages:
[...]
> What's the feeling from the i18n community about how we should treat the
> final punctuation on our strings?

Well, I always advocated removing them, just like unnecessary HTML
markup (like strings enclosed in <b></b>). It only creates duplicate
strings which differ only with a single character, thus it can happen
that a string on the same page has two different translations (for
example when the string with the ":" was added later than the first
string). But that's just my opinion (as it's also my bug ;) so we can
change it for Juno if the consensus is to keep the punctuation...

Regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś