[Openstack-i18n] I18n meeting tomorrow - Zanata demo and Q&A

chandankumar chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:29:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 04/17/2014 03:02 PM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:

> Hello, team
>
> We had a great meeting with Zanata development team today.
> Many thanks to Carlos Munoz and David Mason.
> They showed us a demo of Zanata and answered questions there.
>
> Zanata supports basic features as Transifex, like:
> translation memory, glossary, command line, team and role management,
> and etc.
> Zanata also has some impressive features, like version management and
> keyword replacing in a project scope.
> But Zanata doesn't support translators statistics or "query by file name".

Zanata provides REST API's which will be used for different purposes.
It provides hooks also which can be used to integrate with git/ gerrit
through some script.
We can use open id login method to join zanata for translation.
It supports wiki and documentation translation also. it also supports
publishing the docs, but it is not implemented in full.
It has a command line support also.

> It's a pity that the video recording has some problems.
> We are not able to playback this meeting now.
> People who are interested in Zanata could watch another demo:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPl2jK5Wn8
> or go to https://translate.zanata.org/ to have a test.
>
> After the meeting, we need to think over the possible
> problems/difficulties
> if we migrate to Zanata.
> Next, I will schedule deep dive meetings for other candidates.
> Please pay attention to the ML.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)
>

> Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN wrote on 2014/04/16 16:50:21:
>
> > Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN
> > 2014/04/16 16:50

> > openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org,
> >
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> >
> > [Openstack-i18n] I18n meeting tomorrow - Zanata demo and Q&A
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Tomorrow, let's use our I18n meeting to understand a translation
> > tool - Zanata.
> > David Mason, an engineer on the project will be walking us through
> > some of the platform's features and answer any questions.
> > Considering the location of the speaker, we will meet at 0600 UTC at
> > IRC channel #openstack-meeting.
> > The speaker will use a Google Hangout to share the screen.
> > If you are interested, please make sure your Google ID is available
> > before the meeting.
> >
> > After the meeting, the video will be shared in the internet.
> > You still have chance to watch the demo after the meeting.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Openstack-i18n mailing list
> > Openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org

Chandan Kumar