[Openstack-i18n] I18n meeting tomorrow - Zanata demo and Q&A

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Apr 17 09:32:27 UTC 2014

Hello, team

We had a great meeting with Zanata development team today.
Many thanks to Carlos Munoz and David Mason.
They showed us a demo of Zanata and answered questions there.

Zanata supports basic features as Transifex, like:
translation memory, glossary, command line, team and role management, and
etc.
Zanata also has some impressive features, like version management and
keyword replacing in a project scope.
But Zanata doesn't support translators statistics or "query by file name".

It's a pity that the video recording has some problems.
We are not able to playback this meeting now.
People who are interested in Zanata could watch another demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPl2jK5Wn8
or go to https://translate.zanata.org/ to have a test.

After the meeting, we need to think over the possible problems/difficulties
if we migrate to Zanata.
Next, I will schedule deep dive meetings for other candidates.
Please pay attention to the ML.

Thanks and regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)