[Openstack-i18n] Japanese ops publish process

KATO Tomoyuki tomo at dream.daynight.jp
Sun Sep 8 07:06:32 UTC 2013

> for

> > > I really appreciate your persistence.
> > >
> > > Should this file have been automatically put in by the script itself?
> I've
> > > reviewed it and given a +2 but want to be sure I understand the
> process.
> >
> > I think this file should be put in after completing translation
> > review process.
> > This file had completed the review by Japanese team.
> >
> > I think it is important not to put in unreviewed strings.
> > As of now, I think there are two methods.
> >
> >   1. automatically, ONLY "reviewed" flaged strings from Transifex.
> >   2. manually, gerrit review process.
> >

> Can you explain more about these two methods?
> What are "automatically method" and "manually method"?

a) "automatically method"
  Regularly, pull translated strings from Transifex as Jenkins job.
  The translated strings file "ja.po" are automatically merged into Git repository.
  For example, Jenkins job run below command.

  $ tx pull -r openstack-manuals-i18n.openstack-ops -l ja --mode=reviewed

  "--mode=reviewed" option is needed not to put in unreviewed strings.

  Benefit: timely update, less effort
  Demerit: can't control update timing

b) "manually method"
  Each localization team request to merge the translated strings file "*.po"
  by gerrit review process.
  It need to approve one by one by committer.

  Benefit: can control update timing (by localization team)
  Demerit: more effort (by committer)

For now, "manually method" is used.

KATO Tomoyuki