[Openstack-i18n] Release notes

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 06:34:32 UTC 2013

As long as it is easy to use and effective, any translation tool and
way will do.
I am not sure what is the best way to translate openstack wiki.

I don't think I can contribute this area, but
there are several important topics to be considered.

The pages in OpenStack wiki can be categorized into two areas:
- Official contents (top page, release notes and some useful information)
- Development purpose to share ideas
The first category is worth translated, but I don't see any value in
the second area.
IMO it is not a good idea to import all pages as a whole because
translators cannot
know which pages have priority and which pages do not.

In addition, MediaWiki has many directives.
When converting translated version of pages, such cases should be considered.
Some directives depends the structures (the directive I used to list
subpages is a good example)
These directives has no meaning in sub pages and they should not exist
in sub pages.