[Openstack-i18n] Collecting requirements to translation tools
Ying Chun Guo
guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Oct 17 09:12:23 UTC 2013
Hi, I18n team
One year ago, when the community was making the decision to use Transifex
as the translation management tool,
a table was made to compare several different tools:
Now since Transifex began to close its source code, we will do another
round of tool selection
to find the translation management tool for Openstack translation.
We will start from requirements collection. Here I listed some.
(Some are copied from the old table. The last three items are newly
* Cross-project translation teams
* Cross-project translation memory
* Good in-browser translation interface
* Good in-browser review interface
* Easy import/export of translation files
* Support for all common translation formats
* Git/GitHub Integration
* Hooks for CI infrastructure
* Management workflows that fit OpenStack process
* Proven success with large projects
* API to gather statistics about translators
* Easily see the translating context, i.g. the paragraph or section that
contains the translation string.
* Cross-project glossary and dictionary
Please feel free to present your requirements to the translation management
If you know some good candidate tools, please speak out too.
Let's find out the most appropriate tool together, and build a "wonderful"
working environment for ourselves.
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack-i18n