[Openstack-i18n] Pootle test server

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Oct 17 01:05:10 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 09:22 AM, James E. Blair wrote:
> To help make the design summit more productive, I have set up a simple
> test Pootle server so that we can examine it and answer any questions we
> might have before the design summit.

It looks like the system works, I signed up for it too :)

One of the needs from the i18n team is reporting on people's activity.
Is there a way to retrieve the translator stats for a project in pootle?
For example, find how many words each translator translated in a certain
project.

> Since that describes how it uses an external translation memory
> populated with open source software by default, I believe that also
> means that Pootle's performance in the "crowdsource" category may have
> improved as well.

That feature looks really good to me: I found interesting suggestions in
the Italian translations.

> I'm also optimistic about the integration with Git.  Here's the
> documentation:
>
>   http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/features/version_control.html
>
> It looks like we may have options for getting nice git commits out of
> this; it says a typical git commit message looks like this:
>
>   Commit from GNOME Pootle by user Sipho.  80 of 100 messages translated
>   (7 fuzzy).

Does this mean that translators will be directly recognized as Authors
in git commit logs or will we need to do some parsing for them to show
up on activity.openstack.org?

/stef