[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation status update for Havana

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Wed Oct 2 19:49:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Akihiro!

Thanks for the work you and Daisy were doing to make this happen!

> == Extra translation request ==
> Horizon made several number of fixes in RC1 phase and
> there are several changes in translation strings.
> I just synced POT files with the latest Horizon master repository
> and pushed them to Transifex.
>
> == Schedule for Havana Horizon RC2 (not determined yet) ==
> I will request another Release Candidate (RC2) to import translations.
> The exact plan will be discussed with Gabriel, Horizon PTL from now.
> My current plan is to import translation updates at the middle next week.
> I will let you all know if there is an update.

Let's hope not many new strings will come between RC1 and the next
release. There are some patches on gerrit which do implement new
strings, but they should be pretty easy to handle.

I wonder has there been any discussion on enforcing a stricter string
freeze policy in OpenStack? Theoretically according to the release
schedule string freeze was on the 7th of September :)
Maybe we can do some enforcement either in gerrit via a "i18n
accepted" flag enabled after the last milestone or some gate tests for
new strings? Just a thought though...

Have a nice day,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś

P.S. Yes, I know I'm new to the community and may sometimes come out
as a "know it all" type of guy - please know that it certainly isn't
my intention!