[Openstack-i18n] Translation plan in Icehouse and call for participation

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Dec 13 02:44:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

In Icehouse, I plan to finish 1 book translation and do messages
translation.

* Messages translation
According to the release schedule, the string freeze date is March 4th. So
we will start message translation one month early, i.e. Feb 4th.

* Document translation
"Installation guide" is a good choice, because:
a> It's a round 20k words. (not big as our first practise.)
b> It is "stable" among different releases because it has been stripped to
be basic. Only new sections will be added for new releases. The existing
content should not be changed a lot.

So I'm going to start the translation of "Installation guide" from now.
Let's target for 1 month to complete the translation, i.e. January 12th is
the end date.
After that we will spend two or three weeks to make them on-line in the doc
website.
Then we will have Openstack installation guide for different languages.

The resources in Transifex is:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/openstack-manuals-i18n/resource/install-guide/
and some are in:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/openstack-manuals-i18n/resource/common/

How do you feel this plan?
Do your translation team want to join this plan for installation guide?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards