[Openstack-i18n] [Openstack-stable-maint] stable/havana Horizon translation update: FFE possibility?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 23:09:38 UTC 2013

2013/12/5 Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>:
> Patches tend to be merged until just before freeze and there is a few
> chance for translators
> to make translations up-to-date, but I have no good idea on how to
> improve the process.
> At least requesting FFE every time is not a good idea and we need some
> consensus on the process.

I don't see other way around it, translators definitely need freeze to
finish their work, but that hopefully means only few last-minute
string changes.
I'd propose we simply introduce translations update as a part of the
release process at, say, freeze+3 days.
Would that work for i18n team?

>> To allow translators to update and validate their translations,
>> I would like to request FFE of updating Horizon translations
>> My current plan is to propose a patch of translation update Sunday.
>> The patch update POT files (source language, English) and PO files of
>> each languages.
>> (Note that the patch is not a backport and proposed to stable/havana directly
>> since strings are different in both branches.)

This plan sounds good to me and makes sense to be regular for each
release, IIRC it was already done for some of the paste stable
releases?

>> [1] Patches with string fixes under review. I hope they will be a part
>> of the next update.
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58103/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58139/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59916/

Approved excpet last one which is missing 2nd +2.

Cheers,
Alan