[openstack-i18n-de] resign from translation team

Robert Simai robert.simai at suse.com
Mon Sep 14 08:48:29 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-14 09:20, Frank Kloeker wrote:
> Am 2020-09-01 10:21, schrieb Robert Simai:
>> Hi,
>>
>> long story short, as most of you know SUSE had stopped building new
>> products based on OpenStack last year, we're just maintaining what was
>> released. For me that means to refocus onto other technology areas
>> and. Frankly, I've anyway not done too much translation work over the
>> last months so I want to move on and close that chapter, and give
>> someone else the opportunity to step up. There was no administrative
>> work recently either, still I'm in charge for user setup and reviews
>> in Zanata, and probably this mailing list.
>>
>> Anyone here who can grab the ball and continue running? I must say I'm
>> not familiar how such ownership is supposed to be transferred, maybe
>> Frank knows?
>
> Hello Robert,
>
> thanks for the update. Yeah, defocus is also my main area at the
> moment. I've translated much more in the spare time and now come other
> things in the spot light. Nevertheless I have still Zanata admin
> permissions and won't close the door for ever. So if someone wants to
> self-promote for the staff lead of the German translation team, it's
> not a big deal to set the ownership of the account and as Robert said,
> it's no much administrative tasks.
> Thanks Robert for your work. We achieved a lot and I18n at OpenStack is a
> role model for other Open Source projects, which adapt our work and
> the idea live on.
> Good luck for the next project and see you again.

Many thanks Frank, it was a pleasure to work with you and all the others
from the translation team, and we've achieved a lot! But consequently
I'll drop coordinator and reviewer permissions for the German team in
Zanata. It's a small world, I'm sure our paths will cross again, looking
forward to that.

--
Take care,
    Robert