[OpenStack-docs] Looking for help with the openstack-doc-tools

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Mar 13 21:57:31 UTC 2017

Hi Chason -

I wonder if it's due to some parsing error when handling unregistered
options? See if you can modify autohelp.py locally to get more info about
which module has unregistered options. That'll help you debug from there.

I can't quite figure out how to know which neutron moduel to add to the
ignore list to skip over this error, which would also help target exactly
which module is doing this. The FIXME in line 188 is what makes me think
there's something going on with either the module import or the options
themselves. See
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/blob/master/autogenerate_config_docs/autohelp.py#L188

You can also ask for help from a neutron team member, such as John Davidge,
who is the neutron docs liason
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Documentation.

Anne

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM, Chason Chan <chen.xing at 99cloud.net> wrote:

> Hi Katomo and Berendt,
>
> There is still some Newton release content in the config-ref of Ocata
> release. I want to use the openstack-doc-tools to update it.
>
> But when I use openstack-doc-tools to generate "New, updated, and
> deprecated options" for Networking service, I failed with "
> TypeError: 'module' object is not iterable".
>
> More output see the following:
>
> Working on neutron (stable/newton)
> Guru meditation now registers SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 by default for backward
> compatibility. SIGUSR1 will no longer be registered in a
> future release, so please use SIGUSR2 to generate reports.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_
> docs/autohelp.py", line 636, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_
> docs/autohelp.py", line 614, in main
>     import_modules(base_path, package_name, verbose=args.verbose)
>   File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_
> docs/autohelp.py", line 143, in import_modules
>     _register_runtime_opts(module, abs_path, verbose)
>   File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_
> docs/autohelp.py", line 198, in _register_runtime_opts
>     for opt in obj:
> TypeError: 'module' object is not iterable
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./diff_branches.py", line 306, in <module>
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "./diff_branches.py", line 282, in main
>     old_list = get_options(project, args.old_branch)
>   File "./diff_branches.py", line 91, in get_options
>     'PATH': path})
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 573, in check_output
>     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
> subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['./autohelp-
> wrapper', '-q', '-b', 'stable/newton', '-e', 'venv/stable_
> newton', 'dump', 'neutron']' returned non-zero exit status 1
>
> BTW, I run the following command to generate:
>
> ./diff_branches.py stable/newton stable/ocata neutron
>

> Not sure what I am missing. Could you or someone else please help me?

Read my blog: justwrite.click <https://justwriteclick.com>
Subscribe to Docs|Code: docslikecode.com