[OpenStack-docs] Looking for help with the openstack-doc-tools

Chason Chan chen.xing at 99cloud.net
Thu Mar 9 14:46:35 UTC 2017

Hi Katomo and Berendt,

There is still some Newton release content in the config-ref of Ocata release. I want to use the openstack-doc-tools to update it.

But when I use openstack-doc-tools to generate "New, updated, and deprecated options" for Networking service, I failed with "TypeError: 'module' object is not iterable".

More output see the following:

Working on neutron (stable/newton)
Guru meditation now registers SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 by default for backward compatibility. SIGUSR1 will no longer be registered in a future release, so please use SIGUSR2 to generate reports.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_docs/autohelp.py", line 636, in <module>
    main()
  File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_docs/autohelp.py", line 614, in main
    import_modules(base_path, package_name, verbose=args.verbose)
  File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_docs/autohelp.py", line 143, in import_modules
    _register_runtime_opts(module, abs_path, verbose)
  File "/root/openstack-doc-tools/autogenerate_config_docs/autohelp.py", line 198, in _register_runtime_opts
    for opt in obj:
TypeError: 'module' object is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./diff_branches.py", line 306, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "./diff_branches.py", line 282, in main
    old_list = get_options(project, args.old_branch)
  File "./diff_branches.py", line 91, in get_options
    'PATH': path})
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 573, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['./autohelp-wrapper', '-q', '-b', 'stable/newton', '-e', 'venv/stable_newton', 'dump', 'neutron']' returned non-zero exit status 1

BTW, I run the following command to generate:

./diff_branches.py stable/newton stable/ocata neutron

Not sure what I am missing. Could you or someone else please help me?