[OpenStack-docs] Install Tutorial Landing Page Design Elements

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Mon Jan 30 17:43:10 UTC 2017

Hi Lana and team,

Thanks for your hard work on this! It’s exciting to see it come together.

To answer your questions, we should reach out to those governing the various operating systems logos out of an abundance of caution to ensure we have permission to use these logos. The Foundation doesn’t currently have an existing agreement that enables us to use them in this way, so each logo owner must be contacted separately.

We also have a draft style guide available for the community to review at http://os-styleguide.netlify.com/ <http://os-styleguide.netlify.com/> - it is in draft format at this point (pending additional content and input from the community). There is a comments section on each page if you’d like to ask specific style guide related questions.

I’m copying my colleagues Wes Wilson, who is leading the style guide build, and Danny Carrino, who works with vendors on licensing the OpenStack logo, in case they have additional input. Please let us know how else we can help!