[OpenStack-docs] API docs report

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Jan 26 02:33:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I'm double-booked during the doc team meeting tomorrow, and a couple of
items are top-of-mind for API and app dev docs:

1. The API Working Group is working on a list of guidelines to enable
projects to assert that their service provides a stable REST API. The docs
guidelines are already written up, and a lot of the discussion centers
around version boundaries, my new favorite (ok, preferred) term for
microversions. Hopefully this effort will lead towards more integration
between reference doc and conceptual doc with the nova team showing the way.
#link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421846/

2. Be on the lookout for a mailing list post about application
architectures written collaboratively -- workload architectures such as
https://www.openstack.org/software/sample-configs/#web-applications. These
are for apps run on OpenStack services. While they are published to
www.openstack.org now, ideally they'll move to developer.openstack.org and
enable more architectures to be written and reviewed and published. These
are from the Enterprise WG, and the repo is under the User Committee
listing (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423413/).

Hope this helps, thanks for sharing further at tomorrow's meeting. Feel
free to ask questions here or there or anywhere.