[OpenStack-docs] [OpenStack-Infra] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Jan 3 07:01:42 UTC 2017

On 01/02/2017 08:22 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
> I've put this topic on the agenda for tomorrow's infra team meeting,
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting . Docs team
> members are welcome to join!

In preparation for the meeting, I've updated the plan:

The following needs to be done:

1) update some missing content since a few projects haven't published
   content since we started:
   http://users.suse.com/~aj/missing-docs.tar.bz2 is a copy from
   docs.o.o that needs to be added to our AFS tree.

2) Change IP address of docs.openstack.org to point to the new site.

3) Create docs-archived content so that we can still access any
   content that wasn't published recently:
   a) Resync the mirror at http://files.openstack.org/docs-old/
   b) Serve the content via docs-archived.openstack.org (see
      https://review.openstack.org/416148 )
   c) Add external IP address
   c) Update 404 handler to point to docs-archived.

Later (most can be done independently, so not using numbers):

A) Set up https for docs.openstack.org and developer.openstack.org

B) Stop publishing to CloudDocs site docs-archived but keep site as
   is.
   Archive all content on it.

   Remove docs-archived.openstack.org

C) Stop publishing to old CloudDocs developer.openstack.org page (
   https://review.openstack.org/415506 )

D) Remove docs-beta and developer-beta aliases and IP addresses, those
   are not needed anymore. (https://review.openstack.org/416149,
   https://review.openstack.org/416152)

Note, see our etherpad here as well:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/afs-docs