[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-docs] Bug triaging

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue Feb 28 12:18:04 UTC 2017

Hi team,

We’re ramping up into pike, and I hope you’ve all had the opportunity to take a look through the PTG summary I sent out.

One of the in-house discussions we had that I did not mention on my email was about the bug triaging process I have proposed for this cycle. Previously, the docs team have not really had a focus on bug triaging, and it has been left up to whoever finds it first. But this would be a really positive change in the long term. Having triaged bugs helps new comers get the right start, and ensures that patches we have coming in with bug reports are mostly already triaged and don’t require further investigation once the patch is up.

We already have some content in the Contributor Guide regarding bug triaging, see here: https://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/doc-bugs.html but I plan to update that with some more guidelines to help those that haven’t done it before. So, don’t worry if you’re not too sure what to do yet. I will be updating today!

A lot of our people have already signed up to help out with the cycle: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team
Thank you to all!

I would really like to see some more names up on there to complete the cycle :)

Thanks,

Alex