[OpenStack-docs] Searching in docs broken

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Feb 16 13:46:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Brian Moss <kallimachos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 February 2017 at 17:24, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-02-15 23:32, Lana Brindley  wrote:
>> > I looked into this for a bug ages ago, and discovered that ghostery was
>> blocking the js required for search.
>> >
>> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1597014

>> My chromium is without ghostery, and disabling on Firefox still does not
>> show anything.
>>
>> I get search results using Google Chrome - but still this ugly box
>> telling me to enable Javascript,
>>

> I'm seeing it too. I've reopened this bug to track the issue:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1597014

I think Karen has the solution and is working on a fix. If you move the
jquery script above the search code, it works. That'll need a release of
the theme.

I'll comment in the bug also (if Karen hasn't beaten me to it this morning).

Anne

> Brian
>

>> Andreas
>> --
>>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
>>   SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>>    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
>>        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
>>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Read my blog: justwrite.click <https://justwriteclick.com>
Subscribe to Docs|Code: docslikecode.com