[OpenStack-docs] First Murano App getting started guide

Evgeniy Mashkin emashkin at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 15 14:32:03 UTC 2016

Anna, hi,
Did I get it right? If I do this work somewhere in one of Murano's
repositories then I just need to edit api-site/www/index.html and add the
link to the newly created Murano guide that must be published (hosted)
somewhere outside the developer.openstack.org?

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
wrote:

> > On Sep 15, 2016, at 1:36 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
> >

> >> On 2016-09-14 11:32, Evgeniy Mashkin wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> I'd like to publish First Murano App getting started guide on
> >> developers.openstack.org <http://developers.openstack.org>. The main
> >> purpose of this article is to facilitate the learning process for Murano
> >> App newcome developers and show how it's easy to create a Murano App for
> >> their own cloud applications.
> >> I intend to use this structure
> >> <
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/17XatsZ-qJgPtHq_CMHiu4yU88x7TKL-kjzR1qK4Hqjo/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> >> for First Murano App getting started guide. Does it fit my first app
> >> structure? You're welcome to comment on it.
> >
> > The FirstApp guide has a different target than what you describe, I
> > suggest to name your guide differently.
> >
> >> The another question I have is what the right steps to commit this
> >> guide. Marcela already has given me some information. If I got her right
> >> I should produce the following steps:
> >>
> >> 1. Create a new directory for First Murano App guide in the root of
> >> openstack/api-site repository. For example "firstapp-murano". Its
> >> structure should be the same as firstapp directory has:
> >> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/tree/master/firstapp
> >> 2. Include the folder with First Murano App guide in documentation
> builder.
> >>
> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/blob/master/tools/build-firstapp-rst.sh
> >
> > We build from one directory several guides - for building from a
> > separate dir, use tools/build-all-rst.sh.
> >
> >> 3. Update tox.ini file to add First Murano App guide for testing.
> >> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/blob/master/tox.ini
> >
> >> Please, correct me if I'm wrong and give me initial feedback. Then I'm
> >> going to send it on review with workflow -1, so we can discuss
> >> particular commit at review.openstack.org <http://review.openstack.org
> >.
> >

> > I'd like to see a spec for this kind of work - and consider this an
> > Ocata delivery,
> >

> Me too - and seriously consider doing the work in the murano repository. I
> think you'll get more reviews that way. Then you don't need a docs spec
> either.
>
> Craig - you should consider this approach too, put the doc in the heat
> repo and publish to developer.openstack.org.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anne
> > Andreas
> > --
> > Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
> >  SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
> >   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
> >       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
> >    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

King regards,
Evgeniy Mashkin.